Tuesday 24 June 2008

A business opportunity in Tuscany


The view from our hotel room

June 2007

This is a post that I cannot go into too much detail about but basically when travelling in Florence, I ended up hopping on a train the next day out to Tuscany and went to a meeting with the owners of a beautiful italian bath and body products brand. I didn't even have a suit. I went to the meeting looking like I was dressed to go out to a nightclub.

The meeting was in their factory which was literally a farmhouse surrounded by vineyards and olive trees and dogs running around with Italian women handmaking the products inside. It was like stepping back through time!

The company set us up at 5 star hotel Villa La Vedetta, part of the 'Leading Hotels of the World'. It was so luxurious! It would've costed $2000 a night if we had to pay. Rachel and Carl who were in Florence came over and we all drunk beautiful Italian wine and acted like kids whilst posh politicians and other important people had a function below our window. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on - you must try premium Italian linen before you die!

There was many dramas on the way from Florence to Rome and the company but this would be something you'd have to ask me about rather than read it here ;)

I had to make a very big decision - whether to fulfill my dream of working on an island in Greece during summer or starting something huge for my career by taking a risk and going back home. I chose the former.

1 comment:

Monica Tan said...

You definitely made the right decision. After all you're back now, so you've managed to have both!