Tuesday 19 June 2007

Where Im Staying Now

Probably the luckiest thing that has happened to me in London is getting to stay rent-free at an apartment by myself in one of best locations in London which would usually cost 800 pounds ($A2000 a week)! Yep that’s right… $8000 a month. How ridiculous is that.

A friend I met in Hong Kong off my cousin called Chester happened to have an empty apartment in Chancery Lane with no one living here which is right above the tube station with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, balcony, study, living room and massive kitchen. You must realize we are quite spoilt in Australia and this is really good in London! There is a porter downstairs to help me out with things (like when I didn’t know how to use a can opener!) and this place is like a hotel. I can walk Covent Garden or Oxford St back home.

Chester is the son of a past Miss Hong. The funny thing is he is going out with Janet who came 2nd in the current Miss Hong Kong. I had dinner with him and his friends once. Everyone seemed to be somebody like actors/singers/sons or daughters of prominent people and I was the random Australian.

Although everything I report seems fine and dandy, I actually went through a pretty tough week when I moved in but it is a challenge I wanted to face when coming here- HOUSEWORK! I had to ring 3 people about using the washing machine. I then broke out in a rash as I was allergic to something and then got sick. I feel like such a north shore princess when people ask me “Who did your cleaning for you in Australia?” as the answer is my Mum and that we had a cleaner. How embarrassing!! But I am very very proud of myself now as I can cook quite well (most of the time) and I can CLEAN!!! =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chester and his Miss HK number 2 girlfriend, Janet

No comments: